Ed Pratt - Unicycled 22,000 Miles Around The World
Ed Pratt, set a new record by riding a unicycle, 22,000 miles around the world.
Ed started a Youtube channel in 2014, to chronicle his efforts to circle the globe on a unicycle. Ed was just 19-year-old when set out from his home town in Somerset, England, before crossing Europe then, Kazakhstan, china, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, USA then back to England.
THIS IS NOT A GUINNESS WORLD RECORD - In terms of an 'official’ record, Ed’s ride isn’t one.
He did get in contact with Guinness before he started to learn about their rules.
Riding at least 18,000 miles, crossing antipodal points on the globe and not stopping somewhere more than 14 days, being the main ones.
He realised early on that he didn’t want to change the way he ran his trip just to appease Guinness (especially the 14 day rule), so his ride is not recognised.
But it is an unofficial round the world ride, recognised by the unicycle community.
Wobbling Wally Watts in 1978 was credited with the first to unicycle around the world, a journey of 12,000 miles.
Thanks for watching.
Amazon links of all the gear Ed Pratt took on his trip around the world
► CAMPING GEAR:
- Stove - Primus Omnilite TI (UK): http://amzn.to/2suS4OZ
- Stove - Primus Omnilite TI (US): http://amzn.to/2HfJCGv
- Pans - Vango (UK): http://amzn.to/2o7ECel
- Pans - Vango (US): http://amzn.to/2EJNql0
- Windshield - Vango (UK): http://amzn.to/2o8o7i6
- Tent - MSR Hubba NX (UK): http://amzn.to/2svqYqT
- Tent - MSR Hubba NX (US): http://amzn.to/2o0nKXG
- Old Tent- Tera Nova (UK): http://amzn.to/2GgX3or
- Old Tent- Tera Nova (US): http://amzn.to/2Ckb9D5
- Silk Sleeping Bag Liner (UK): http://amzn.to/2GbMqD2
- Sleeping Pad - Klymit X Frame (UK): http://amzn.to/2Ge1Zu2
- Sleeping Pad - Klymit X Frame (US): http://amzn.to/2CmnnLx
- Penknife (UK): http://amzn.to/2o4C0hZ
- Penknife (US): http://amzn.to/2CohfSL
- Micro rucksack (UK): http://amzn.to/2o9T3yB
- Micro rucksack (US): http://amzn.to/2sAIav4
- Shoes - Five Ten Impact High (UK): http://amzn.to/2GdYmEq
- Shoes - Five Ten Impact High (US): http://amzn.to/2ErRXJi
- Helmet (UK): http://bit.ly/2szBahX
- Gloves - Hestra 3 Finger (UK): http://amzn.to/2o5tVc0
- Gloves - Hestra 3 Finger (US): http://amzn.to/2Hi9UYu
► VIDEO MAKING GEAR:
- Camera - Sony a6000 with lens (UK): http://amzn.to/2EKG00Z
- Camera - Sony a6000 with lens (US): http://amzn.to/2BuWsjE
- Wind muff (UK): http://amzn.to/2BwAAEv
- Wind muff (US): http://amzn.to/2HgkhfA
- Sony remote (UK): http://amzn.to/2HdtfdD
- Sony remote (US): http://amzn.to/2BYvXEv
- Fujian 1.7 CCTV Lens (UK): http://amzn.to/2Hhx0OY
- Fujian 1.7 CCTV Lens (US): http://amzn.to/2HhJLcj
- Tripod (UK): http://amzn.to/2EKxLly
- Tripod (US): http://amzn.to/2CkmuTF
- 360 Camera - Insta360 One: https://store.insta360.com/product/one
- Macbook Air 11.6 (US): http://amzn.to/2HfUPHa
- Macbook Case (UK): http://amzn.to/2GbL4sb
- Macbook Case (US): http://amzn.to/2Gd3xok
- 1TB Hard Drives (UK): http://amzn.to/2EEgUkh
- 1TB Hard Drives (US): http://amzn.to/2CjInlP
- 256GB SSD (UK): http://amzn.to/2C05d6o
- 256GB SSD (US): http://amzn.to/2BYepIn
► OTHER ELECTRONICS:
- Powerbank (US): http://amzn.to/2Hfas1D
- Light - Cateye Volt 300 (UK): http://amzn.to/2GfLyxc
- Light - Cateye Volt 300 (US): http://amzn.to/2Hhyfh6
- SPOT Tracker (UK): http://amzn.to/2Gf2Bj8
- SPOT Tracker (US): http://amzn.to/2BuM7Ej
► Ed Pratt Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/worldunicycletour
► Ed’s Charity Donation Page - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WorldUnicycleTour
► Ed Pratt Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/mredpratt
► Wonder World Twitter - https://twitter.com/WonderWorld_YTC
★ For personal story suggestions or business enquiries about product stories / reviews, please contact me on my email from the ABOUT page. Note: All suggestions are welcome, but may not be chosen as they are not suitable for this channel.
★★ NOTE: Please do not ask for permission to use footage in this video, or the whole video itself, as the ownership of all footage remains that of the owners who gave me permission to use it. If you want to use any of the footage click on the links above and seek permission from the owners.